Yesterday my Baby Boy was 12 years of age, so not such a baby any more, I know it’s a cliche but I really don’t know where the years have gone. Looking at photos from birthdays past H has grown up so much in this past year, still a very giddy kipper, but thoughtful, loving, clever, and mature in lots of ways.
On H’s birthday we always have presents in our PJ’s and chocolate for breakfast in bed. However today’s birthday was rudely interrupted by having to attend school, H and I both think that school on your birthday should be banned. Not least because we had to wake up at the ungodly hour of 6.00 am in order to open presents, as school in Cyprus begins at 7.30am grrr.
However the birthday celebrations recommenced after school with friends dropping by with cakes, doughnuts and other goodies, followed by his second favourite dinner – Chicken Fajitas (we have chilli ALL the time – see below!) with friends, Birthday Cake with 12 candles, and a trip to the cinema to watch “Magical Creatures & Where to Find Them”.
H as always was thoroughly spoilt by family and friends with lots of gifts, cards and money, and we are especially grateful to those who go to the trouble of sendings presents from the UK.
This year we decided to make a new tradition of interviewing H which I then hope to repeat each year to see how his answers change over time, I got this idea from other mummy bloggers.
Interview with 12 Year old H
- What is your favourite Colour? I like blue and red the same as each other
- What is your favourite Toy? My Wii U
- What is your favourite Fruit? Terry’s Chocolate Orange – “No H a real fruit!” – Tangerines & Oranges
- What is your favourite TV Show? Pokemom
- What is your favourite Outfit? Jeans, Hoodies & Baseball Boots
- What is your favourite Game? Pokken Tournament for the Wii U
- What is your favourite Animal? A Wolf
- What is your favourite Song? Stitches by Shaun Mendez
- What is your favourite Book? Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- What is your favourite Subject at School? ICT
- What is your favourite Sport? Boxing
- What is your favourite Breakfast? Coco Shells
- What is your favourite Lunch? Oodles of Noodles or Pizza
- What is your favourite Dinner? Chilli-Con-Carne
- What is your favourite Healthy Snack? Mummy’s homemade Flapjacks – “but H I only made them once! Anything else?” – Tangerines
- What do you take to Bed? Sonic the Hedgehog toy & Froggie
So H, we have only one year until you become a teenager, and we are both excited to find out what this next year has in store for you. We love you millions, as always, Love from Mummy & Ian xxx